Michiana Hematology Oncology, PC continues to monitor the current COVID-19 pandemic. In an effort to proactively protect our patients and staff, we are modifying our current policy as it relates to visitors in our facilities.
- Masks/facial covering are required for all patients and visitors while in the facility except for those who have a health condition prohibiting them from wearing a mask
- 1 visitor per patient-all visitors must use hand sanitizer upon arrival
- NO visitors will be permitted in the infusion suites unless support is needed for the patient’s personal care
- NO visitors under the age of 18 will be permitted in any location
If you are experiencing symptoms, contact the office BEFORE you come. All patients and visitors presenting to any Michiana Hematology Oncology, PC location will be SCREENED upon arrival for the following and may be restricted from entering:
In the last 2 weeks,
- Have you had a fever (temperature greater than 100.0ºF)?
- Have you developed a NEW cough or have difficulty breathing?
- Have you developed new chills, muscle pain, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, or other flu like symptoms?
- Have you traveled to an area with community-spread coronavirus (Foreign travel to CDC level 3+ areas, cruise ship vacation, areas in US with reported high activity)?
- Have you been tested for the coronavirus?
- Have you been in close contact (within 6 feet for more than 10 minutes) with someone who has been tested for coronavirus or who has coronavirus?
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to sever illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms or combinations of symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
OR at least two of these symptoms:
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Children have similar symptoms to adults and generally have mild illness.
This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are sever or concerning you.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 second or use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Disinfect frequently touched objects with household cleaning spray or wipes
- Call ahead before visiting the office if you are experiencing any symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath)
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING SYMPTOMS:
Contact one of the hotlines below or your primary care provider for further guidance and information.
- Indiana Coronavirus Hotline: 317-233-7125 or 317-233-1325 (after hours)
- Michigan Coronavirus Hotline: 1-888-535-6136
- Illinois Coronavirus Hotline: 1-800-889-3931
- South Bend Clinic Hotline: 574-307-6870
- Beacon Health System Hotline: 855-523-2225
- Spectrum Health (Michigan) Hotline: 616-391-2380
- Saint Joseph county Indiana health department question line: Dial 211
Get advice from Dr. Farhat in his recent article: What Cancer Patients Need to Know About COVID-19.
What people with cancer should know about the coronavirus, please visit: https://www.cancer.net/blog/2020-03/coronavirus-2019-what-people-with-cancer-need-know
Center For Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Indiana Department of Health: https://coronavirus.in.gov/
We are grateful to all the individuals who have been able to help our caregivers and patients with the donation of homemade masks. They have been a tremendous help to support our preventative measures and welcome continued mask donations.
Face Mask Instructions:
Delivering masks to the office: Please contact the office prior for drop off instructions.
Thank you for your support and understanding during these challenging times